Legal | Mobile Location Verification Terms & Conditions
1. General Terms
- In order to engage in real-money play on the Bally's Dover Internet and mobile application (the “Gaming Services”) each user (“you”) must be physically located within the State of Delaware.
- By using the Gaming Services, you agree to allow Bally's Dover (“us” or “we”) to verify your physical location at time of play, including by verifying the location of the device on which you are accessing the Gaming Services (the “Device Location Service”).
- Under no circumstances will We nor any of our affiliates or third party service providers be responsible or liable in any respect for any losses you may incur as a result of your location not being able to be properly verified for any reason. By using the Gaming Services, you understand and agree that such responsibility or liability is borne exclusively by you.
The Device Location Service
- The Device Location Service relies on WiFi or GPS signals to determine the geographic location of your device. Your device must have WiFi or GPS capability. You will not be able to play for real money on the Gaming Services from a device that does not have WiFi or GPS capability, or on which the WiFi or GPS has been disabled.
- Your privacy is extremely important to us. Geographic location coordinates are only gathered at the time the user logs in to the Gaming Services, and periodically while you are logged in to the Gaming Services.
- Device Location Service- Frequently Asked Questions Regarding Wifi Location
Q: Do I need to be connected to the Internet via WiFi to be located? What if my device’s WiFi is enabled, but I’m connected to the Internet via a wired connection such as an Ethernet cable?
A: You do not need to be connected to the internet via WiFi; you merely have to have WiFi enabled on your device (and be able to see other available WiFi networks). You can still be connected to the Internet via an Ethernet cable and have WiFi enabled at the same time.
Q: Can I be accurately located by WiFi if I do not have other WiFi networks around me?
A: In order to be accurately located using WiFi, your computer may need to “see” other WiFi networks within range. The more WiFi networks around, the more effectively we will be able to locate you. Dense, urban areas typically have a higher concentration of WiFi networks.
Q: Can I be accurately located if I'm in a tall building?
A: If you are on a high floor of a tall building, the ability to accurately locate you via WiFi may be compromised. Please ensure that you are located as close to ground level as possible and that you have multiple WiFi networks within range of your device.
Q: Can I be accurately located if I’m using a public WiFi hotspot?
A: Yes you can. However, please be aware that the Internet connections provided by certain businesses or organizations may resolve to a location outside of Delaware, in which case you may have to try accessing the Internet from a different location / connection.
- Certain service providers including GeoComply, will make use of your location data. If you use such services, you consent to us transmitting, collecting, maintaining, processing and using your location data in order to provide and improve location-based services. You may withdraw this consent at any time by turning off the location settings or by notifying us at email@example.com in writing that you would like to withdraw such consent.
- In the event of any conflict between these Location Verification Terms & Conditions and the End-User License Agreement, the End-User License Agreement will prevail.
If you have any questions about location verification, you can contact us here:
Bally's Dover Casino Resort
1131 North DuPont Highway
Dover, DE 19901
Last updated on May 26th, 2022